Want the speed of high end carbon Rolf Prima aero
wheels on race day? Hell yeah!
Damaged Box? Don't Sign for it!
Rolf Prima sends you everything in boxes that are in one piece. If you get a box from UPS and it has a hole in the side of it (other than the handhold), DO NOT SIGN FOR IT. Ask the driver to allow you to inspect the wheels in their presence. If they will not, refuse the package based on damage. Have it sent to a UPS Damage Claim Inspection Station. Do not send it back to Rolf Prima.
If this happens to you: Let us know that you've rejected a UPS shipment and had it sent to a Damage Claim Inspection Station. Damage from shipping to wheels packaged correctly is rare so this will only occur in the rarest of circumstances.
- Unpack the wheel set and inspect wheels for any damage during shipping.
- Keep box and packing materials for return shipping.
To ensure safe and proper shipping, please make sure you do the following: View the "Returning your wheels" PDF
- Remove or cover any old shipping labels from the box
- Securely affix the return shipping label to the outside of the box. If you purchased UPS return label with the rental, this label will be inside an envelope marked “Return Shipping Label.”
- Seal the box securely with approved shipping tape.
Please do the following to ensure the wheels are not damaged in shipping. Excessive Damage Waivers do not cover damage while in transit:
- Use all provided materials and instructions
- Secure the skewer within the box so it does not impact the wheel while in transit. Do not leave it installed in the wheel. It will damage the other wheel in the box and the box itself. Guaranteed.
- Keep the tire slightly inflated while in transit. It acts like a rim protector. Due to UPS size limitations, our box size is tight and there is not room to completely leave the tire full of air.
- If you rented a disc wheel, please remember to include your disc pipe inflator. Missing disc pipes are $30.
Rolf Prima provides adequate, but not excessive packaging for all shipping. Wheel sets are expected to be packaged correctly, utilizing the provided materials. You may add additional packing materials as well if you wish (but please no Styrofoam peanuts). If wheels are returned without proper packaging and damage occurs, you are responsible for any damage incurred. UPS is not responsible for poor or inappropriate packaging, nor is Rolf Prima. Non-compliance with reasonable packing of the wheel set is included as a Risk in our Acknowledgement of Risks document as well as the optional Excessive Damage Agreement.
If you have any questions give us a call M-F 8am to 5pm at 888.308.7700